Saturday, February 4, 2012

Ascent of the Goddess Dress Drawing

In many Pagan belief systems, the Goddess descended to the Underworld in the Fall of the year.  In the Spring, she ascends from the Underworld to bring bounty and goodness to the land.  In honor of the Ascent, The Barbed Pentacle will be holding a drawing for a beautiful, vintage white dress.  This dress is size 7(according to the tag), white with lace and a small bouquet of embroidered flowers on the bodice, and it is made of polyester and cotton.  According to the tag, it is made by Candi Jones California.
Except for a few small moth holes at the hem of the dress and a small rust stain or two at the hem, the dress is in really good shape. The bodice is too small for me and the the dress itself is too long.   As is, it is perfect for a thin, tall person, or it can be altered with loops and lacing in the back or be shortened or both.  The dress would be ideal as a handfasting dress, a fetish ball dress, an initiation dress, or for use in portrayal of the Maiden goddess or any other white clad goddess.
The photo doesn't do the dress justice.

Rules for the drawing:  The drawing will run from February 4th-March 4th.  You may enter as many times as you wish.  You can enter by emailing me at chirp_sparrow@yahoo.com with "dress drawing" in the subject line, you can message me (Sparrow Brown) on Google + with the subject of "dress drawing", or you can @barbedpentacle tweet me with the message "#dress entry".  I will write all the entries on pieces of paper, and on March 5, a person other than me will draw the winning name.  I will post the name here on this blog.  You will then have 7 days to email me your mailing address, and I will mail your prize to you.  If I do not hear from you within 7 days, I will publicly ridicule you on this blog and another name will be drawn.

Happy Ascent!