Saturday, February 18, 2012

Blessed Be Thy Feet, Part 6: Martina's Story



    "Some of the trails are rugged and rocky, and I am probably saddled with a backpack full of bottled water, lunch items, and maybe campfire wood.  I am usually tethered to one of the horses with a hemp rope around my waist, so it's necessary to keep pace with the horses."
      For Martina, this is just another adventure in the woods with her Mistress.  Martina is a Nature Pagan, submissive, and full time barefooter.  "It can become quite an ordeal to endure for several hours on the trails.  But it's another way we use and experience nature and natural things in our activities."
      Martina goes barefoot full time, in all terrain and weather.  "I go barefoot....about everywhere really.  It keeps me grounded and allows me to draw energy from the earth.  It also makes me feel more at one with nature."
     "I always watch out for snakes when hiking..., but not so much in Fall and Winter because they stay sheltered in cold weather."  Despite snakes in the forest, walking barefoot is relatively safe.  "It is more of a problem in poor or underdeveloped countries where sanitation is a problem and cities are dirty.  Like streets that have both people and livestock using them, along with garbage and trash.  They can be quite filthy."
    Going barefoot full time is a relatively recent development in Martina's life.  Like most children, she was barefoot a majority of the time, but she didn't "shuck the shoes" completely until recently when she moved away from home.  She found herself wearing them less and less until she wasn't wearing them at all.  As a final act of her commitment to being barefoot, she turned her shoes over to her Mistress, who is Wiccan.
    "It is something I want[ed] to do, and something that Mistress says is right for me.  That is why she asked for my shoes...as a way to encourage me to be true to my commitment.  And it is something that she finds erotic in a way that relates to how we first met and connected."
      Martina and her Mistress like to incorporate nature into a lot of their activities.  This includes outdoor ritual glass dancing, which will be covered in "Blessed Be Thy Feet, Part 7".